Friday, November 6, 2009

I can't even pretend I'm upset

that we lost last night. It's only one game. And now, this morning, the first song I hear when I turn on Sirius channel 20 (Octane)... three guesses. It was my Rob Scuderi song. I had to giggle a little bit. I rooted for my boys for the entire 60 minutes. I even rooted for them when Scudsy was on the ice. That's something I didn't think I'd do. But I did. I was proud of myself. Still, when it was over, I was happy for the Kings. It was one game. We'll get it back.



Observations:

-We're 12-4 now. We've lost to the Coyotes, Devils, Wild and Kings. That's still pretty darn good.

-Jay McKee sooooo wants to be my favorite. I said that many times last night. He was awesome. Going up high. Blocking shots... he has 50 now. Just super yummy.

-Not to compare, but in comparison to McKee's 50 blocked shots, Scuderi has 31.

-Tyler Kennedy didn't play last night. It was a last minute thing. We fastforwarded through some of the pregame stuff so if they said why, we missed it.

-Chris Conner got drunk with Christopher Bourque before the game. They're kind of awesome though.

-Jordan! scored a goal that nobody thought should have happened.


-myTanger had a few moments of ACK! last night. Maybe he got drunk with Conner and Bourque. If so, it doesn't work for him quite the same way. He is still leading the team in TOI now though (I think it's seven minutes more than GoGo). That's going to start taking a toll. Or it already did.

-Rob Scuderi is a minus one now. (He was a minus two going in.)

-They babied Captain like a big baby on the bench when he got a bloody nose and it was weird. I was waiting for them to put a bib on him because they couldn't get the blood out of his sweater. Just bizarre. Also it will do nothing for all those people who think he IS a big baby.

-Also towards the end of the game (I'm pretty sure when it was still only 3-2), it looked like Scudsy was trying to communicate with Captain but Captain just had bitch on his face and appeared to ignore him. Now don't get me wrong. I love our Captain, but I have seen some things that have made me go ew a few times. (I'm not blaming the babying on the bench on him unless I learn otherwise.) He needs to chill and be a leader instead of a bitch when it looks like we're going down.

-Goligoski is a PLUS FOURTEEN now. Crazy. Leading the league.

-Matt Cooke is in 11th place in hits now (he was in 5th). Brooks Orpik is in 6th (he was well below that before).

-My husband told me that he heard on the radio, when Scuderi was asked which of the Penguins he'd like to (I forget what the exact wording was here, so we'll say...) hit, he said Jordan Staal because they always goof around. And he did. He wiped him out in the corner.

-Jay McKee soooooo wants to be my favorite. On that Jordan goal, McKee flew up the middle in between Conner and Staal. He was on his way to the front of the net when Jordan slapped it from up high. He jumped over the puck and it went in the net. The whole sequence was very sexy on everybody's part. Well, everybody except Quick (who was fantastic the rest of the game).


-And the Ducks won last night! 4-0! Jonas got a shut out! The save percentage is .921 now. And yet no photographs worthy of posting were taken of him last night. So I will post this one of him from the 10th Annual Dux in Tux.



Next up, San Jose.

Let's go Pens!

No comments:

Post a Comment