Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bundle-up with Penguins

The Penguins and Dick's got together for their annual Project Bundle-up event. They received an award for their efforts. Marc-Andre Fleury and Kris Letang (!) accepted the award on behalf of the organization.

I was looking through the gallery pictures to see who all got involved. I was flipping through, making comments in my head... "aw look how adorable DaddyGonch is" "Craig Adams!" "how lucky is that kid with Eric Godard?" And then I saw it. Be still my heart.

I had no idea how much I truly miss him until I saw that picture. My first reaction, naturally, was just how incredibly gorgeous he is. I mean seriously. It's unreal. But the realization of how much he is missed on the ice came quickly after. I keep telling my husband how I would love to hear about his progression or see pictures of him on the ice at practice. He said, "maybe he can't practice." I said, "well I know he wasn't at first but I thought by now... maybe..." Sometimes he says mean things just to cause me heartache but I think he felt it too that time. Do get well soon, love.



WAIT A MINUTE! WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?!?!

Jay McKee out 2-4 weeks.

Head coach Dan Bylsma announced after practice Wednesday that defenseman Jay McKee will be sidelined the next two-to-four weeks with a finger infection.


"Jay McKee has an infection in his finger and he needed to get that cleaned up and it’s going to be two-to-four weeks," Bylsma said.


Also from the Pens Report:

While Gonchar looks forward to getting back into games, Letang was happy just to be back on the ice.


"It feels good to be back," Letang said. "But I’m in the red jersey. I’ll just keep working hard to get back to where I was. It’s day-to-day. But I’ve been getting better every day."

Letang went on to praise the efforts of Deryk Engelland, Ben Lovejoy and Nate Guenin, recent recalls from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton who have stepped up to deliver winning performances on defense with all the regulars missing.

"I think we have five D-men out right now. Obviously the (Wilkes-Barre/Scranton) guys did a great job so far. It’s always nice to see that they can fill in and do the job. It’s tough to see (injuries), but you can’t do anything about it. But right now we’re doing good things and getting better."



I'm happy to see Kris is back on the ice. But my goodness. No Jay now? And Mark Eaton left practice early? I have no idea how I'm going to live the next few weeks. If you need me, I'll be sitting in the corner, hugging my knees, rocking back and forth.

No comments:

Post a Comment