Tuesday, November 17, 2009

good times

1. Matt Cooke. First goal of the night. Unassisted (on the scoresheet).

2. Billy G. Buried it. Nice.

3. JStaal. Shorty.

4. Martin Skoula. Thank you! That was sweet.
5. Matt Cooke... empty netter... because that Jordan is a fine young man.

Matt Cooke, ladies and gentlemen. First and last goals of the night.



I will continue to badmouth Billy G. because that apparently makes him stop sucking. When Matt scored that first goal, my husband said, "you didn't even say it today." So in addition to continuing to badmouth Billy, I have to stop saying Matt Cooke is going to score every game. I will stop now. Well, I mean at least until I get that feeling again. heh.

I'm not understanding why the organization wants me to fall in love with Deryk Engelland if they are just going to take him away from us. Four games. Fifteen hits. Three blocked shots. And a spectacular assist on Jordan's short-handed goal. He is a man. I may or may not have a crush on him.



Oh and Nate Guenin? One game. Five hits. Two blocked shots. He was a pain in the ass to play against in Philthy, so we grabbed him for ourselves. Good call.

Mr. McKee is back on top in blocked shots at 69. (Really good to know we have reliable d-men in the AHL to bring up when the inevitable happens there.) Please protect yourself, Jay. Your safety is important to us. He is so aware out there. Always looking to see where everybody is to get a feel for where the puck is going to end up instead of just where it is. I really, really like him.

Gonchar is out of the red jersey now. I may or may not be excited about this. I'm not sure yet.

Goligoski, as expected, is out for two to three weeks now. Though he is out with a "lower body" injury instead of "dude, he's fucking exhausted".

That empty netter at the end of the game was Jordan's for the taking. Instead, he gave it to Matt. I want those two to play together forever.

I love this team.





No Hiller. They put Giguere in net. He hasn't had a win this season, folks. I would have been super bummed to be at that game and learn that Jonas wasn't in goal.

The Ducks made a lot of stupid mistakes. They took a lot of really stupid penalties. At one point, they tried to throw Bourque through the boards. It was a little scary. He seemed fine, if not maybe a little less drunk-looking afterwards. I want little Bourquey to get a goal soon. He deserves one. All in all, it ended up being good news that my sweet Jonas didn't have to take this loss.

In Rob Scuderi news. He left Saturday's game in the first period and is wearing a protective boot on his foot and lower leg. X-Rays came back negative. He is day to day.

Hey, remember Kris Letang? I miss him. What's the timeframe there? When can I expect to see him again? Will they take Engelland away when he does come back? Nobody ever talks about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment