Wednesday, July 1, 2009

I'm jumpy!

I'm listening to ESPN radio (it's a sickness) and I only really hear things when they talk about hockey or football (it's a sickness). Free Agency opens up at noon so I'm waiting for last minute signings or whatnot. They're talking some nonsense about basketball or baseball (which is not as nonsensy as basketball but my goodness what are the Pirates doing?) and there's a buzzer sound that goes off every few seconds. Every time it buzzes, I jump.

Maybe I should go to Rob Scuderi's house and attach myself to him. Like just wrap all my limbs around his legs and weep onto his knees. He couldn't sign a deal with somebody else while I am crying all over him. Could he?

bobby scuds

I thought I was all good. I thought I had come to terms with the idea of him leaving. Obviously that is not the case. The closer it gets to noon, the more jumpy I get.

::vomit::

I clearly am not supposed to watch sports.

Edit - 5:10 p.m.
Hal Gill got picked up by Montreal. Does that mean I should feel like a Scudsy resign is more likely? I do feel that. Cautiously optimistic. Bye bye Hal. I'd pout but we can't keep all of them. Though his size will surely be missed.

Penguins signed Mike Rupp? That was unexpected... and weird. And not that it matters but he shares my birthday. (YES he is years and years younger but the day is the same.) Also he is from Cleveland. So, like, if we want to have birthday cake together, it's pretty convenient! And as told by Rob Rossi on Twitter, Rupp's son used to wear a Malkin jersey to Devils games. that is awesome.

5:51 Edit
Minnesota signed Zanon... this sounds like more good news for me and Scudsy. I just smacked my husband. I'm getting my hopes up too much now, huh?

6:23 edit
no more live feeding. Checked the Twitter. It says at 6:09 that we're expecting movement from Scuderi like "now". That was 14 minutes ago!

11:47 edit
Rob Rossi on Twitter said that Rob Scuderi is calling it a night. "calling it a night"? How is that possibly an okay thing to do? How am I supposed to sleep? I have a meeting in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment