Monday, July 6, 2009

From Superhero to King

This is old news now.



but it still huuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttts meeeeeeeeeeeeeee right in the heart. That's the thing about hockey that doesn't exist (for me) with other sports. (Except Plaxico of course. He is an exception to just about every rule ever in existence.) It can raise you up so high and then just slam you back down. My heart dropped out of my chest when I heard he signed himself to the other side of the country. I almost lost the ability to drive which was worrisome since I was about to pull onto the parkway. We will live. I realize this. The Penguins will still be the Penguins and I will still love them all. Now I just have to love a Los Angeles King... which is annoying to me. *shakes fist at Ray Shero*

No, no. I get it. Of course I get it. You don't have to explain it to me. Business. Salary cap. Gonch. Letang. Extensions. Jordan=win. yadda yadda Would I be willing to sacrifice either of my baby boys? Absolutely hell to the no. I told my husband (after he yelled at me to "get used to it" as if that's even possilbe) if there is ever a time before I die that this organization toys with the idea of trading Jordan Staal, I will go on a killing spree. I don't even like to think about it. The good thing is that I know the idea of trading Kris Lelover will never even enter their heads. Right? RIGHT?!?!?!

Here is a short Q&A with Rob where he says things such as, "I was hoping to stay with Pittsburgh". That little bit makes me sob uncontrollably. Sorry Superman! We apparently value Alex Goligoski way more than you right now! That is just sickening. This kid better be, like, the second coming... or Spiderman.

Now. Can we please have somebody that knows how to help out our goalie since we got rid of the two people we had that knew how to do that?

I like hearing people say, "so much for the hometown discount..." Hello? 1.4 million dollars per year is quite a discount. Especially for somebody who has been criminally underpaid, underappreciated and underrated for so long. I'm glad he cashed in. I will miss him like nobody's business but I'm happy for him and his family.

It will be strange to see him in purple.

Still a superhero. Now he'll be saving lives on the left coast. Congratulations to all the Kings fans. Have fun feeling safe! I know I did.

*pout*

No comments:

Post a Comment