Thursday, July 2, 2009

Free Agency is nightmarish

It's just terrible.

THERE IS STILL NO MOVEMENT WITH SCUDERI. How is that even allowed? How are they allowed to do this to people? (Namely me of course.) I have said I don't care how much money he wants. I will pay him out of my own pocket. I have about $5 right now but I can get more. I'm sure there is some rich person somewhere who feels my pain.


*sigh*


We lost Hal Gill because we wouldn't give him two years.

I will miss hearing Bob Errey (whom I love dearly... in case you have forgotten) talking about how long his stick is.

I will miss seeing photos like this from inside the Penguins locker room.

I will miss him being tall.

I will miss (the breathtakingly gorgeous) Jordan (I mean damn! he's gorgeous) tweaking his nipples.


Most of all though, I will miss him being a monster for our team. Best of luck to you, Hal. Thank you for playing so hard for us every minute of every game. Thank you for being a HUGE part of us winning the Cup. I'm sorry I haven't shed a tear for you (yet). I'm saving them up. Let's just hope they end up being happy tears.


I need a hug!


I have gone on record (as much as a blog can be a record... as in a record of an event. the event of people playing music in a room. now everything is cross-marketing. its about sunglasses and shoes. or guns and drugs. you choose.. oops, sorry, my head was flying away on an ani difranco song). What? oh.


I have gone on record saying how much I appreciate Rob Scuderi. I have called him a superhero many times. I have called him many things. All good things. I will remain a fan no matter what this ridiculous free agency crap brings. I am afraid I will feel unsafe without him. (I'm feeling pretty unsafe right now. Please hold me, Scudsy!) I need THE PIECE to make me feel safe.


Breaking news: Bob Errey likes Mike Rupp. That's certainly all I need to know. Welcome to Pittsburgh, Mike. I'm sorry you are a Cleveland Browns fan (poor guy). I'll save you a piece of my birthday cake!


In Shero we trust and blah blah blah. Whatever. If I saw him right now, I'd punch him right in his balls. And then I would probably get him some frozen peas and thank him for being so awesome and getting us the Cup.



How is there still no news?

Per Rossi's Twitter: Camp Scuderi: Not necessarily expecting to reach agreement with anybody today.




Seriously. Seriously?





He's not coming back, is he?

This just in.
SCUDERI UPDATE: Add the Kings to a list of teams in the hunt for D Rob Scuderi. Minnesota and the Penguins also remain in the hunt, but I’m told the Kings are above $3 million annually on a long-term deal.
That Scuderi hasn’t accepted yet proves either: A) he is legitimately torn given the Penguins offer ($2 million annually at four or five years), of B) he, like other NHL players, can’t make enough to head west.
To play off what one of his teammates told me, “What is Scuderi waiting for?” Penguins cannot get to $3 million annual for him, or anybody.



So then OFFER HIM 20 YEARS! And HELLO! he is easily worth 2.5 AT LEAST. Surely we can do 2.5.

This is terrible. And it looks like it's going to eat my weekend. I hope Rob's wife has a nice BBQ planned because if I am busy being wrapped around her husband's legs, I'm going to need to be fed at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment