Tuesday, June 9, 2009

"Tonight, we are the greatest hockey team in the world."



"Great moments... are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here, tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here tonight. One game. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game. Not tonight. Tonight, we skate with them. Tonight, we stay with them. And we shut them down because we can! Tonight, WE are the greatest hockey team in the world. You were born to be hockey players. Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great hockey team the Soviets have. Screw 'em. This is your time. Now go out there and take it."



wow.

Get fired up!!!!

hmmm... Lot's of talking about Petr...



Blingee Rally!
JStaal

Craig Adams

Kris

Tanger & MAF

Let's Do This!

I keep thinking I have things to say. That I have all these words about how we need to win. How we have to win. But it's all just words. We have to win this, period. There are no other words to say. There are no other things that can be done. We embarrassed ourselves in Game 5. If it was only a matter of losing, it would be different. My radio would have different things coming out of it today. We didn't just lose the game though. We lost our focus. We lost our composure. We lost our minds. We lost our game. That wasn't our team. That's not how our team plays. Today I have been hearing all about the attacks at Fleury from the people who live in this town. He is our goalie. He expects to take some heat for losses. Sometimes they even have a leg to stand on when they're bashing him. But to blame him for these losses? laughable. The three losses we had in this series, we scored a grand total of two goals. Two. Do these people want MAF to score goals now too? I just can't listen to it. Now there's talk about Petr Sykora playing. I'm fine with that. Truly, I am. I just can't figure out why I listen to this stuff all day long on game nights. These people talk a lot because they have to. The radio would be a weird thing if people weren't talking. I like to hear what the players say on gameday (okay, I like to hear what they say every day). I like to hear their voices. There's a collectedness, a calmness, a coolness in their voices that has been there since the game was over on Saturday night. I am confident that tonight we will be back on track. Our guys had two days to regain their focus, their composure and our game. They had two days to reflect. They know how this game is played. They know we need to win this. I keep thinking how it wouldn't be the end of the world if... but fuck that. We want the Cup.

Max&MAF

Let's Go Pens!

No comments:

Post a Comment