Thursday, June 4, 2009

I saw some things

So between yesterday afternoon and today, I saw some different angles and read some things that make me feel like I have not appreciated Sergei Gonchar enough. It's difficult, as a fan (or at least this fan), watching your PP QB slowing things down. I realize that this is necessary. I understand that there are set plays and he has to wait for everybody else and blah blah. But really I can't help but jump up and scream "HURRY THE FUCK UP!" at my television. It really brings out an ugly side of me and Daddy Gonch takes the brunt of some pretty colorful profanity being yelled really loudly. So yesterday I read what he said about my Tanger (“It seems like he is playing good all over the ice. He has all of the skills in the world and his shot is great, so offensively it is not surprising but the way he held them defensively, you can see the progress that he made from last year.”) and saw different angles of the post-goal celebrations. The huge smile he had on his face after Kris scored and the leaping hug Kris gave him after he scored. Today I found this:
and it nearly brought a tear to my eye (and Phillipe Boucher thinks Kris is emotional). I mean. LOOK at that hug. That is an I'm so proud of you and I love you so much hug if I've ever seen one. I had myself convinced that Gonch didn't love or appreciate Kris Letang enough and it helped me direct a lot of undeserved hostility towards him. He has a job on this team and he does it better than anybody else. Rob Scuderi said as much. I already knew that of course, but I will try my best to not scream at him tonight because I don't want Rob Scuderi to be mad at me. Every time he makes me freak out, I will remember the smile on his face that was so lovingly directed at Lelover. And I will calm down. That's what he does after all. He calms it all down. He has probably saved a lot of lives that way.


I offer a Blingee to start the amend-making.
Gonch

No comments:

Post a Comment