Friday, June 5, 2009

"I didn't expect Tanger to come that hard"

wow.

That is.

That is the best postgame quote ever. Any dirty thoughts I have today will be blamed on Sidney Crosby because if he wouldn't have said that, I would have never had any dirty thoughts about Kris Letang. What? I have never before thought about or said the words "Tanger", "come", and "hard" together in a sentence. What?!?! I haven't.
"I was driving the net and I was just trying to get a rebound, but obviously he put it in," Letang said. "I was just continuing my run and I hit him pretty hard. I think he woke up and he was fine after it, so that was good."

Do you think everybody can shut up now about how we need Captain to have a "good" game? He's been playing like Jesus through the whole playoffs but that wasn't enough. Nope. He had to score a goal in the finals. Fine. There you go. Now, please, shut up.

Jordan Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't even know what to say. I am so in awe of him. Is he the most beautiful thing you've ever seen? I mean. Come on. Who else in the world is as unreal as he is? Nobody. He's HUGE on the ice. Just gigantic. He is a FORCE. His stick works miracles. Every time he steps onto the ice, it melts a little bit. Look at his face. He's a magnificent creature. If I was a painter, I would love to paint him. Short-handed goal. Fucking animal. And thank you, Max, for being so fucking clutch every second. It's Staal Good.


Marc-Andre Fleury is... what's the word I need here? Wonderful? Amazing? Incredible? Huge? Astounding? Yes. He is all of those things.

He was unflappable through the entire game. When Rob Scuderi turned that puck over (which is pretty much UNHEARD OF. I quietly threw up in my mouth a little bit), and the Wings scored, MAF was the first one to tell him not to sweat it because he sure wasn't going to. And then Scuds went back to doing his job. Which, in case you didn't know, is being a SUPERHERO. Even when we were down 2-1, I was reclining on the couch. Okay. So I wasn't really reclining. It's exciting! That's why I was on the edge of my couch falling off of it every few minutes. It certainly wasn't because I had any fear of losing. I was so chill last night. MAF does that to me when he looks that humongous inside his house.

And. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Mr. Kennedy. "Kennedy. MISTER KENNEDY." got a goal and it was gorgeous. He went up against two Wings, popped the puck back to Kunitz, skated to the front of the net and waited for Captain to make that perfect pass, and FWAM! And then Daddy Gonchar (which is what I called him all night. "Who blocked that? Was that Daddy?") gave him a sweet hug afterwards.

I LOVE YOU, DADDY GONCHAR!

Please. Now stop talking about how our third line is so useless or whatever words those people insist on using. They are... I lost words again. Dammit. They have everything. They dominate. Their job is to keep the puck. To keep the other team from scoring. Next time they get in our offensive zone, get out a stopwatch. And then? you can shut your stupid mouth.
I have had many a dream that involve Matt Cooke in pretty much that same position. (See what you have done to my mind today, Sidney? It is right in the gutter.)

Kris Letang. Is he the ohmygod cutest thing in the world? Yes. I can’t be positive because I have never been face to face with him but I am pretty sure I am in love with him. I don't know how much more of him I can take, to be honest. He is part of our future though so I will be seeing a lot of him and loving him a little bit more every day. You have been warned. And if ever a picture begged to be Blingeed, that one ^ right there is it.

Highlights? It was all a highlight.

It's interesting to me that 1) Malkin's goal was on a PP 2) Jordan's goal was on a PK 3) Sid's goal was with Geno and Feds 4) Mr. Kennedy's goal was with Captain and Kuuuuuuuuuuunitzzzzzzz. None of those are regular lines. The Malkin PP wasn't even with our regular PP lineup. They had Jordan out there on a PP. (I have to check his TOI.) They were mixing shit up last night. It seems they were trying their damnedest to get our third line some goals. And you know what? Because they wanted to shut the media up, they just went ahead and did. And that is one of the many, many reasons I love this team.

Series tied at 2-2.

LET'S GO PENS!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment