Monday, June 29, 2009

gah! this article

Tough choice for Scuderi


"I know the type of player I am," Scuderi said late last week. "I'm not sure the market will be there like this for me again."

Maybe it's just the quotes that make the article as good as it is.

"I've never been the type to just chase the money," he said. "I've seen too many guys go for the highest contract and end up in a bad situation and be completely upset for three or four years. I don't want that happening to me. It's no fun going somewhere and losing, especially after you've been spoiled playing here. That would be just miserable."

In some ways it makes me feel a lot better about things.

"By far, the best situation for me is staying in Pitt," he said. "I know how I fit in here. I know my role. And I want to be a part of another winner. Just because we won this year doesn't mean I'm going to shut it down. I want to win again. I know they can do that here for a long time. With the young core they have -- especially the centermen -- and the system they have and the way they run the organization, it's hard to imagine them not having long-term success."

He is unreal. This article has given me hope.

"When I first got here and found out he had a one-way contract, I was like, 'Are you kidding me?' " Shero said. "But he just kept improving. Now, I wish I had signed him for three years instead of two."

We'll see what happens on Wednesday...

"We'll see what happens," Scuderi said. "I told Ray in our exit meeting that I'd give Pitt the last shot. I'll take him the offer I'm most comfortable with and say, 'How close can we get?' "




I'd hate to see him leave but I get it. I swear I get it. I will remain a fan no matter what. I'll still cry if he leaves me though.



I do like our draft picks so there's that. And Letang seems to keep getting tongue-bathed so there's that too.


oh. I almost forgot this. Nothing like seeing one of your star players in gossip blogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment