Friday, May 15, 2009

Conference Finals

Western Conference:
There are many reasons I wanted to see the Ducks defeat the Red Wings. The main reason though is that I am going to miss watching Jonas Hiller.


Jonas lost his shit last night. Who can blame him? It was Game 7 of the Western Conference semifinals and the puck was under his pad. Cleary pushed his pad and the puck went over the line. ummm... goal? Fuck that. The puck was stopped.

"It was a tough goal, especially at the end," said Hiller, who finished with 36 saves. "It was more of a question if he's allowed just to put my pad in and not the puck. I don't think he ever saw the puck. He just thought it must be behind my pad, so he just pushed my pad. That's the only thing that I question."

I would have ultimately not been able to cheer for him anyway but it still upsets me. Way to go, Jonas. You've been brilliant. I'll be watching you next season.

His save percentage for the playoffs was a .943 so there isn't a whole lot left to say.

And also? Scott Niedermayer (who is my age, btw) skates like Tanger. Or Tanger skates like Niedermayer. Whatever. Somebody tipped me on that and I knew immediately that Niedermayer was #27. It's crazy.

There was only one reason I cared about the outcome of the Blackhawks/Canucks series.
Patrick Kane is an animal.

That blows my mind.
The Blackhawks won and now I have something to root for over in the West. Go Hawks!

Over here in the Eastern Conference all that matters is that Pittsburgh is in this and we're in this strong. Bonus? EStaal vs. JStaal.


Blackhawks (#4) vs. Red Wings (#2) puck drops on Sunday at 3:00 p.m. in Detroit.
Penguins (#4) vs. Hurricanes (#6) puck drops on Monday at 7:00 p.m. in Pittsburgh.
Four has suddenly become my favorite number.

No comments:

Post a Comment