Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"I think the most exciting part is coming."

This article gave me chills.

This:
“From an organization standpoint he’s been a really good fit for us,” Penguins general manager Ray Shero said. “We’re fortunate and lucky to have him tied up for the next four years.

“I think he’s one of the better young defensemen in the league. He’s a guy they’re going to continue to build around and he’s going to get better as a defenseman. He’s starting to show his leadership abilities on and off the ice.”


And this:
“It feels great, to sign with a team like this,” Letang said. “I’m going to focus on one thing, and that’s playing hockey. I think the most exciting part is coming. I can’t wait for the playoffs.”

The newly-signed defender was asked if he took any sort of “discount” to remain in Pittsburgh.

“I want to be part of this team. I think it’s something special,” Letang said. “If you put the money aside, you always want to be in a town where you want to play, where every night you want to play. I think I’d rather stay here and have fun. We’re like a family now. We’re all young and growing together.”


It's incredible how excited I am about the future of this team. This kid is going to be amazing. More amazing than he already is. When he said, "I think the most exciting part is coming," it put me on the edge of my seat. A sentence as simple as that has made me anxious to see what he meant by it. Maybe he meant playoffs. Maybe he meant next season. Maybe he meant for him personally. Hell, maybe he meant nothing. Whatever the meaning, it was an effective statement.

::chills::

It's nice to not have this hanging over our heads until July. I am beyond happy that he signed this deal now. People want to say it doesn't necessarily mean anything. We can still trade him. Whitney. blah blah tradebait. I'm allowing myself to ignore all of that talk because I believe this signing does mean something. I believe it's okay to be hopeful and excited because I believe it means a great deal to the future of our team.

Let's Go Pens!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment