Friday, March 5, 2010

It would help me greatly

if Jordan Staal committed some douchery at some point. My love for him is approaching unhealthy levels.


He was credited with the OT GWG last night and he did this.

"Staal approached members of the Penguin’ communications staff after the game to say he did not touch the puck and should not have been awarded the goal."

What a man. I can't handle him sometimes.

(obligatory Staal v. Staal photo)


I am anxious to see Alex Ponikarovsky this weekend. I know little about him. I know he's a plus player and that he has 19 goals (so far) this season on a bad team (Leafs). I also know that he is a left-winger from Kiev because that is also what Fedotenko is. I hope one of them can play right because they both should be with Geno. I'm not really torn up over losing Caputi and I certainly don't mind that we gave them Skoula (to turnover to the Devils). I wish them both well but I'm hoping for better from Poni.

I don't know if they were doing it on purpose or not, which knowing them probably, but Steigy and Bob kept making horse-related comments in regards to Malkin. I have a feeling they are going to get a lot of use out of Alex Ponikarovsky's nickname. I'm not talking about the "Ukraine Train" one either.

Leopold is fine. I resent that he has that #4 on his back though so I can't really get into specifics about him right now. At one point last night, he backed right into the camera to rub it in my face. I didn't appreciate that at all. Not at all, Mr. Leopold.

I feel bad for McKee being dropped to the 7th Dman position. I was happy to see him get a little playing time last night (5 minutes 40 seconds, yikes)... but, truth be told, I haven't really missed him all that much. Probably because Kris and Brooks and Sergei and Mark and that new guy have been blocking shots all over the place. Sorry, Jay! *kisses* It was pretty cool to see him flip that guy over his back last night though. (I think it was him anyway, I meant to check but forgot.)

I was glad to see Billy Guerin getting scratched last minute because of "back spasms". I think it was because Jay McKee was sad and Billy G is old.

During a face off in the 1st period, Matt Cooke took a 2-minute unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for... wait for it... GETTING.PUNCHED.IN.THE.FACE. Unreal.

Speaking of Ruslan Fedotenko (you know, from before), he has three points and is a +2 in the two games since Olympic break. Now he is only a -14 which is still really ouch. I stand firm that most of those are not even a little bit his fault. I hate when they do a line switch and the new guys can't get out there fast enough to stop the goaltender's raping. That happens to him a lot. Trust me. I've been paying close attention to that. It feels like is part of my job as a fan. I've done it with Kris since forever and I started doing it with Craig and now with Feds. I have to. It helps my defense when people go all stupid about plus/minus. Craig Adams is and always will be a hero on this team whether he scores or not and no matter what his plus/minus happens to be (-8 in case you are wondering, but you shouldn't be wondering because it matters not in his case because he does soooooo many other things. good things).

One of my favorite parts of watching last night's game was an exchange between Errey and Steigy. Bob goes, "Prospal has quite a tan. I wonder where he was during the Olympic break." And Steigy goes, "he was in Vancouver playing for the Czech Republic." lols

Dubinsky is an awful human.

Avery cracked me up when he mocked Max Talbot. *must look for youtube* He's still an ass, but it was funny. I love that Max laughed about it.

We own the Rangers. If we wouldn't have gotten the two points from that game, it would have been a huge disappointment considering our boys were dominant for about 97 percent of the game.

Fleury let four goals in on like 12 shots. WTF? Johnson let in no goals on like 3. Which, yeah he only faced three shots but if we're going to go all average-y, Fleury would have let one of those 3 in. He threw his stick like a lawn dart while Johnny was all calm and cool skating to the net to stop the madness. There was a scary minute when he didn't have a stick but Leopold (with is body) and Talbot (with his quick stick) helped stop the, what at the time seemed inevitable, molestation of yet another of our goaltenders. MAF was sour looking sitting on the bench because the boys were able to do for Johnny what they seemed unable to do for him. It's hard to place blame because it's a team but 4 goals on 12 shots. Four?



A non-Penguin related hockey news note: I adore Jonas Hiller. He was (mostly) spectacular in the Olympics. I had another dream about him last night. And I didn't even see him or hear mention of him yesterday. Weird. I don't have those kinds of feelings for him. My adoration of him is non-romantic in nature (I think so anyway) but in my dreams, I always have those swoony he's my boyfriend feelings about him (but it's hard to tell sometimes after these OMG! HE IS MY BOYFRIEND kind of dreams). Well, except for that one time when it was about him saying he's a bad singer and then singing and then my husband and I were both like "WHAT?!?! YOU ARE NOT A BAD SINGER! YOU ARE A GREAT SINGER! THAT WAS AMAZING!" See? Weird. Last night's dream was about some minor doesn't even matter play in the basement kind of goalie tournament that he was kicking ass at. Or maybe he was giving lessons I don't remember. It was in some kind of church or school type place in some big cafeteria type room and he kept sending me to his locker and/or his car to get different goalie masks for him. One of them was a plastic frog mask. Like the kind that have the elastic band to hold it on your face. You know like you buy for your kid for Halloween. People were coming at him pretty hard and I was worried that the frog wouldn't protect him but he assured me that he would be fine. Anyway, I felt gooey about him and he had a lot of groupies and I thought they were funny. See again? Weird. I don't know why I sometimes share some of these bizarre things with people.

So anyway. Onto the Stars, boys. Reach for them and bring them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment