Friday, March 19, 2010

well. That was... perfect?

Last night, as my husband and I were settling in to watch the game. You know the one I mean. The Big Bad Bruins vs. Penguins or more like vs. THE DEVIL MATT COOKE. You know. Maybe you don't remember but Cookie ended Marc Savard's season the last time the teams met. Because Campbell didn't suspend Matt Cooke, the Bruins fans wanted him to be killed on the ice. Or even better for them, they wanted Captain or Malkin to be put to death on the Bruins' home ice. Aren't they fun? LOL ::rolls eyes:: During the media scrums before the game, various Bruins explained why they couldn't execute Matt Cooke or any of his teammates. They explained it like their fans needed it explained to them. Like they were five. That would be illegal, folks. Plus, not to mention the two points are important to them right now.



So. As we were settling in to watch the game, I started to feel a little rumbly in my tummy. Fear. I felt like somebody asked me to climb something. Something high. Something scary. Like a 6-foot ladder. I was starting to panic. My brain kept reminding me of Bertuzzi/Moore and I wanted to puke. Eric Godard is dressed for the game. I feel surprisingly not much better. Like, what, so if somebody gets killed on the ice, he'll come out and punch them? Deep breaths. Then the close-up of Cookie on the bench. I'm thinking maybe my panic is due to PMS? Deep breaths. Hold pillow close to face in case it becomes necessary to hide. Then it's Matt Cooke's first shift. (We know this because the fans alert us to it with boos.) Shawn Thornton challenges. Mattie drops the gloves. And then I calm down. Is that CRAZY or what?

Cookie goes down and Thornton continues to hit him even after the refs got involved. I'm okay with that too because I think Matt tried to get back up so he could take his beating like the man that he is. Thornton gets an extra 10-minutes. The fans don't care. They cheer and Shawn gets the 3rd star because he fought the devil and won.


The bench is proud.


TK scored his first in 19 games.

Steigy and Bob repeatedly make me want to change the channel. I love Bob Errey but now he annoys me a lot of times. Steigy challenges my patience constantly. My husband gets annoyed with me getting annoyed with Steigy but really. I mean come on. That man is challenging to deal with.

Kris Lelover scored on a PP. Oh wait. No he didn't because Ponikarovsky decided to steal it from him and it was right after the PP ended. Okaywhatever. Anyway, the PP looks about 400% better with Kris and Kunitz replacing Gogo and Billy G. Just FYI. And maybe it looks better without Malkin? SorryGenoILoveYou. After the goal, Gonchar comes over to Letang. Letang says something to him and then Gonch pats him on the shoulder. I feel a little bit of warm fuzziness about this and say, "awwww. Daddy." Then I rewind it to watch it again. My husband rolls his eyes. And I again wonder if maybe it's PMS. I wish there was a photo of this. I love Kris and Daddy pictures. Guys, one of these beautiful men will likely maybe possibly not be on our team next season. It is SAD to think about if you think about it. *sigh*

I am really starting to believe Billy G is a spy working for another team. He stands around a lot. He is a turnover machine. And sometimes he looks like some crazy old man who snuck into the dressing room and stole a Penguins uniform and somehow is given WAY TOO MUCH ice time.

There is something wrong going on with that whole situation. I don't understand it. He has a nice shot. But if all he can do is shoot and sometimes make it in or around the net? I mean, like if a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around. You know?

On a more pleasing note. MIKE RUPP! ARE YOU KIDDING ME! What a man. There must be something really special about people who were born on January 13th. ::grin::
He fought Chara for Crosby. He lost (duh) but he lived through it.
And then he goes all crazy in the d-zone. Blocks a shot. Shoots the puck up ice. Chases down the puck. Shoots it right past Rask. Awesomeness.

Fleury goes insane (photographic evidence below) because he is minutes away from his first SHUTOUT of the season.

"LOL NO YOU MAY NOT HAVE MY SHUTOUT MR THORNTON LOL oh shit LOL"
And he narrowly escapes having his throat slit by Thornton's skate. And then also Gonchar has to leap over him too. yikesy.

Penguins win. 3-0 Fleury gets his shutout. Rupp gets laid in the dreams of all the ladies. Matt Cooke does exactly what is expected of him. Captain does not get killed. Good times.

Also here is a photo from the TBL game that I saved but never posted.
Is it okay that I find this insanely sexy? Can I plead PMS on that too?

And please. Everybody relax about the Devils. Yes, we can beat them. We just haven't yet. OMG! The Leafs beat them last night. It was a shootout win with no Brodeur but still. OMG! and also during the Devils game, Gogo got boarded and Kris went batshit crazy about it. He took a roughing penalty but it was soooo worth it.

Next up, EStaal and the 'Canes who beat the Capitals in OT last night.

I keep thinking I am not done with this post but I am going to be done with it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment