Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Congratulations Marty! OMG JORDAN!!!!!!!!

This is another loss I am unable to feel upset about. I mean, shit, who likes to get shutout? But yet...
if somebody's going to shut you out, who better than the best.goalie.ever to play the game? And when better than when said goalie is breaking a record. His 104th career shutout. wow. Hey, thank you for letting us be a part of that, Marty. *snort* No. Seriously. How cool that it happened in a building that he will never play in again. Mellon Arena is a part of that. Very cool.

OMG Jordan! This is why you should wear a shield.
So much blood. I was sick for the rest of the 2nd period. They didn't mention him during intermission. They didn't mention him until he came back on the ice in the 3rd period. Way to let the sickening feeling linger, guys. Thanks for that. There was so much blood, I had no idea how bad it was going to be. (I hid my face in a pillow until he was off the ice and hugged the pillow until he came back on.) I was horrified.

If this was any other goalie in the NHL, I would wonder if maybe this little commemorative puck was the one that broke Jordan's gorgeous face. But Marty is too classy for that.
What an awesome accomplishment. Congratulations Martin Brodeur on 104.

No comments:

Post a Comment