Monday, April 26, 2010

Round One

Some of the Round One games are completed.

Penguins beat Senators 4-2. ::happy::

Canucks beat Kings 4-2. ::sad::

Flyers beat Devils 4-1. ::amused::

Sharks beat Avalanche 4-2. ::neutral::
-----------------------------------------
Caps are currently leading Habs 3-2.

Bruins are currently leading Sabres 3-2.

Blackhawks are currently leading Preds 3-2.

Red Wings and Coyotes are tied at 3 a piece. Go Yotes!


I was sad the Kings lost last night. As the series went on, I fell more and more in love with the team. I found out they have more going for them than Rob Scuderi and a sweet 3rd jersey.
Getting into the playoffs was a step in the right direction for the team. They have the talent to get there every year for quite a while. Drew Doughty has become a favorite of mine. The dude is 20 years old and a Norris Trophy finalist along with Duncan Keith (and that joke from Washington). I think it's Keith's this year but I wouldn't be totally surprised if Doughty takes it.


Also working their way up my love list is the Phoenix Coyotes. They are fun to watch, Wolski is one to keep an eye on, and I have a soft spot for Pyatt. I'm crossing my fingers for them in Game 7.


But let's talk about the Penguins. This was a fun series. I have tremendous respect for the Senators. Well, all but one of them...

They battled their hearts out. I am possibly in love with Anton Volchenkov... Beast.

Twelve Penguins scored at least one goal. Crosby had 5. Malkin had 4. Cooke had 3! Letang, Guerin and Kunitz had 2. Adams, Staal, Dupuis, Talbot, Ponikarovsky and Goligoski had 1. The triple overtime in game 5 was thrilling and stomach-turning. I am so proud that they came back from a three goal deficit in game 6 to tie it up (thanks to Cookie's two goals) and get the game and series winner in overtime. JStaal did some fine work in the offensive zone to get the pass to Dupuis who hail Mary'ed it over Leclaire's shoulder. Awesome work from all of our boys.


Now we wait to see who we're facing in Round Two.


Let's Go Pens!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment