Saturday, April 10, 2010

I'm excited

So I'm doing my normal Saturday stuff. You know, laundry, dishes, all that domesticated stuff with maybe some extracurricular activities thrown in for good measure. I'm in the middle of doing another load of laundry and I get excited for tonight's game. I just feel really good about these next two regular season games, and that makes me excited for the playoffs. I get this feeling that the boys are turning it on. That "switch" that we hear so much about. Most people don't think there really is a "switch". Perhaps they're right in that it's not something you just simply turn on and off. It's this thing inside you that you have to believe is there somewhere waiting for you to find. You get excited and that makes you want to reach it, grab it and hold onto it. That's what I feel like these guys must be doing. That's how they view these next two games. If they can grab these last four points and end the regular season doing everything they could possibly do to end the season on a positive and they actually do it? That, my friends, is that "switch". The confidence. The attitude. The swagger. They all come back. Our boys have all the ability in the world. We know they do. We've seen it.

What if they don't play like the champions they are? What if something is "off"? What if they go into the playoffs with two, or even one loss? It would break my heart. It would kill my enthusiasm. It would crush me. It's happened before and it will likely happen again. But I have to believe that it won't happen this time. I have to be excited. I have to believe in them. Because the feeling you get when they succeed is such a good feeling. It's a high like nothing else. If I go into this feeling like they can't do it, what's the point? What's the point in being a fan if you never feel that raise? I have no idea what it feels like to watch them win when I didn't expect them too. Maybe that's a great feeling too. I have no idea. But how does it feel when they lose when you expected them to lose? I mean, I have no idea, but it must feel like shit. To be beaten when you went into it already defeated? Yuck. That is not something I ever want to feel. You have to believe in your team.

Now try to imagine how they feel.

Let's Go Pens!

Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment